BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, September 26, 2009

1st Grade!!

I am so behind!! Brooklyn started 1st grade this year, and she absolutely loves it! She loves learning, and it is so fun to watch her learn new things. My favorite is listening to her read to me. She gets better every day! Her favorite part of school is definitely lunch (takes after her mother here...) and she loves that she gets to eat school lunch. One day she even went and asked for seconds :) Our backyard fence borders the school, and occasionally I practice my stealthy-stalker-spy-mom moves and watch her play at recess through my lilac bushes.(In the winter it is easier because the bushes are little, and I can watch her in the comfort of my own cozy kitchen while I am doing the dishes..)Wow!! I really am a stalker-mom!! Who knew?!? Anyway, point is, she is not my little girl anymore. People tried to prepare me for this moment, but I think it is one of those things you can never be truly ready for. And I don't even know when it happened. I remember rocking her in my arms, singing her to sleep, so little she could fit snugly on my shoulder, and I prayed for her as I put her in her crib. Now she fills her twin bed. She picks her own outfits. She wants to be a veterinarian. She has worries and responsibilities. And she prays for me. My soul now understands the depth of the term "bitter-sweet".


0 comments: