BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Impromptu Haircuts

I had always heard stories about little kids cutting their own hair, or their siblings hair, but I piously believed that it would never happen to me...HA HA!! Well, I had been away for the day at a Day Camp for my church calling. (I will just throw in here that they would probably have done this regardless if I was home or not...Derick is actually a very good babysitter...:)and she had cleaned up the evidence and hid it very carefully...) When I came home, Brooklyn came to greet me, and I immediately noticed that something was different with her hair. It took me a second to figure it out, and I asked her about it. Her face immediately dropped, and she was instantly regretting her decision. She told me that she had cut it. Well, then Ashlyn walked into the room. Not wanting to keep her new hair styling skills all to herself, she decided to cut Ashlyn's as well. I'd like to think that I kept an equal balance in my funny vs. angry emotions...but I think anger probably won out. Luckily she had only taken two snips of each of their hair, so it could have been much worse!! We immediately called Grandma Turner, and she very kindly opened up her schedule to fix it for us! Thanks Grandma! I actually love the girls hair short, and we got an extra reason to go see grandma and grandpa! Never again will I say never!!



Hiding the evidence in her "special drawer"...



Brooklyn looking very remorseful....



Ashlyn just going with the flow...



The new look...

7 comments:

Schroeder's in a NUT SHELL! said...

I learned not to say "never" early in my mothering years...there is never a "never" but those two little girls are adorable sporting their sassy little short styles!!! Good job grandma, ya saved the day!!!

LivingstonClan said...

ok--not fun that they did that, but their hair looks SOOOO cute--at least you have that. Some girls in my ward did that a while back, and they were both almost bald!

Ang said...

i have two words for you...HA HA

The Reimers Family said...

I'm sorry, but that is soooo hilarious! She hid it in her special drawer!!!! That is classic!

Andrea said...

Audrey,
Thanks for writing! How are you? You have such a cute family.
Morgan is just right up the street from us . . .well, sort of. Yes, we live by the hospital. It's a nice commute.
We should get together sometime. Let me know if you're ever in town and have some time to kill.

Nicole said...

I love the short hair--it is darling!! It is pretty lucky she didn't go shorter--or chop the whole thing. I've seen some pretty funky kid-cut-fixes. Theirs are darling!! You have such beautiful girls, they could where it however anyway!

Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.